Re: [Exim] mailq

Author: Christopher Chaduka
To: marcusv, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] mailq
On Tuesday 02 March 2004 09:15, marcusv wrote:
> Hi there.

Hi,

> Can somebody on the list please explain what the following is.
> When I type in the command mailq,The server outputs the following.
>
> 33m   31K 1Ay3R1-0007OA-00 <scooter@???> *** frozen ***
>           sandram@???

> Question 1. 33m stands for....?

The message has been in the mail queue for 33 minutes

> Question 2. 31K is the size of the mail right.?

*nod*

> Question 3. 1Ay3R1-0007OA-00 unique ID or...?

Exim gives each message a message id, made up of 16 characters. More details
in the 4.30 spec doc. section 3.4

> Question 4. which mail address is the sender and the receiver.

<scooter@???> is the sender. sandram@??? is the
recipient.
On the command line, type exim -Mvh <message id> to see the message headers.

> Question 5. Why was this mail frozen, which config file or rule
> determines which mails get frozen.

Hmmm, I don't have full details of this. But you should be able to see what
happened if you check the log file, depending on how much logging you
enabled, see log_selector, by typing:
exigrep 1Ay3R1-0007OA-00 /path/to/exim_mainlog
You can also perform further realtime checks if you try force the message out
while you enable full debugging:
exim -d+all -M 1Ay3R1-0007OA-00
Bottom line, a mail gets frozen due to a number of reasons.