Re: [Exim] no targets stop error

Author: Philip Hazel
To: chris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] no targets stop error
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 chris@??? wrote:

> dbstuff.h:101 db.h: No such file or directory
> make [1]: *** [util-spool_in.o] Error 1
> make [1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/exim-4.30/build-Linux-i386'
> make [2]: *** Error 2
>

> I could not find this db.h file anywhere. Do I need to get it from
> somewhere else?

Yes, this is a common problem. You need to install a DBM library of some
sort (you may have this already, probably libdb on Linux), but if it
doesn't come with headers automatically (it doesn't on all systems), you
need to install the "-dev" version. Exactly how this works depends on
your distribution.