Re: [Exim] bug report: exim accepted IP address in MX record

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Anand Buddhdev
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] bug report: exim accepted IP address in MX record
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> I'm using exim 4.30 + exiscan on Fedora core 1.
>
> # exim -bP allow_mx_to_ip
> no_allow_mx_to_ip
>
> # exim -bt info@???
> info@???
> router = dnslookup, transport = remote_smtp
> host 213.41.158.196 [213.41.158.196] MX=0
>
> I thought exim was supposed to notice this error and refuse to route
> this address. I was looking at my mail logs, and I noticed this
> problem when one of my downstreams, running courier-mta, rejected a
> message from <info@???> which exim had accepted.

1. Please check your routers. I get

$ exim -bt info@???
info@??? is undeliverable:
all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to
IP addresses

2. Please check your nameserver. I am using bind. If you are using
another dns server I think there is at least one that does this
automagically behind your back.