Re: [Exim] New snapshot - TLS updates

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] New snapshot - TLS updates
On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 10:34 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Apologies. I should have used a non-specific address.

No need to apologise -- I wasn't complaining; just making sure you were
aware of how much information was present in the address for future
reference.

If I thought, as some seem to, that having a public IP address which is
actually made public was somehow going to let the magic pixies come and
steal my laptop, then I wouldn't have bothered setting up IPv6 so that
it _can_ have a public IP address, now would I? :)

> I try to put most bugs that I see on the list onto my work list.
> However, the mailing list is so busy these days...

In particular the one about sender verification callouts lowercasing the
address under test, and the one about sender verification in MAIL ACLs
running the routers with the address under test in $sender_address
instead of null -- causing misbehaviour from routers which vary their
behaviour when $sender_address is null.

--
dwmw2