Re: [Exim] Recipient Verification against Usernames in a MyS…

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Recipient Verification against Usernames in a MySQL database?
* Fahd Korambayil <fk0512@???> [20040301 08:40]: wrote:
> --
> This might be a simple question for most of you but I have searched
> new to exim and the ACL's and its probably due to my lack of knowledge
> that I am unable to figure this out for myself.

First, would you kindly look into the issue of configuring M$ Outlook to
wrap lines at aroung 76 cols.

> Having said that what I want to do is to check incoming emails to see
> if they are addressed to valid recipients on our server. Valid
> recipients usernames are stored in a mysql database. If emails are
> being addressed to non-existent users I want exim to respond with
> a simple "No such user here" message and not accept the message. If
> the recipient exists, I would like mail delivery to continue as
> normal.
>
> Any help or links to ACL code samples would be much appreciated.

If mail can be delivered, then you really should not worry much about
controlling this because I am sure it's already taken care of in the
configure file, somewhere in the acl_smtp_rcpt. There are some entries
there with the word "endpass". They take care of that. Mine have been
slightly modified to look like:

accept  domains     = +local_domains
        endpass
        message     = NO_SUCH_USER
        verify      = recipient/callout

accept  domains     = +relay_to_domains
        endpass
        message     = Unrouteable address.
        verify      = recipient/defer_ok/callout=10s/callout_defer_ok

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post