Re: [Exim] Increasing speed of queued deliveries?

Author: Avleen Vig
To: Stephen Fulton
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Increasing speed of queued deliveries?
On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 09:25:38PM -0500, Stephen Fulton wrote:
> Hi all,
> Occasionally I have a customer who runs a large corporate mailing list send
> it through my Exim servers. Typically the queue is 3x - 4x larger than
> normal (approximately 2000+ messages plus). I'd like to nip customer
> complaints in the bud before those happen. From the customer-perspective,
> they notice late deliveries to their accounts most often. Is there a way I
> can tell Exim to deliver local mail as quickly as possible rather than
> queue it?
> My install is pretty vanilla, so I'm open to any suggestions. I have set
> the queue runner to 1/3 of what it was, but IIRC, that does not
> discriminate between local and remote deliveries.

man exim says:

 -q[q][i][f[f]]l
     The l (the letter  `ell')  flag  specifies  that  only local
     deliveries  are  to be done. If a message requires any remote
     deliveries, it remains on the queue for later delivery.

So, the command 'exim -qffl 5m' would cause a queue runner to run every
5 minutes, and only deliver all outstanding local mail.

--
Avleen Vig
Systems Administrator