Re: [Exim] New snapshot - TLS updates

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] New snapshot - TLS updates
8. The standard form for an IPv6 address literal was being rejected by address
    parsing in, for example, MAIL and RCPT commands. An example of this kind of
    address is [IPv6:2002:c1ed:8229:10:202:2dff:fe07:a42a]. Exim now accepts
    this, as well as the form without the "IPv6" on the front (but only when
    address literals are enabled, of course).

For future reference, you may wish to be aware that this uniquely
identifies my IPv4 address (IPv6:2002:c1ed:8229::/48 == 193.237.130.41),
the the 6to4 IPv6 subnet behind it and the MAC address of the Buffalo
Wavelan card I was using in my laptop at the time.

I don't particularly mind and I'm not asking you to change it -- but
given the level of paranoia others on the list have shown, I suspect
they may not all feel the same if you quote their IPv6 addresses :)

> My plan is to get to the end of my current work list of bugs and small
> patches and then release 4.31. This is likely to take 2 or 3 weeks.

Just because a bug report hasn't been acknowledged doesn't mean it's not
on your list, does it?

--
dwmw2