Re: [Exim] SMTP rewriting not shown with debugging

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Chris Edwards
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: John Horne
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] SMTP rewriting not shown with debugging
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, John Horne wrote:

| Well an ordinary ('E') rewrite rule does work - it is in place at the
| moment. However, I am having to make major changes to our exim
| configuration, and that includes several more checks - at connect time
| and upon receiving the SMTP MAIL command. As such I would have to check
| for both the 'plym.ac.uk' and 'plymouth.ac.uk' addresses. It seemed
| easier to me to simply rewrite these at SMTP time to 'plymouth.ac.uk'
| and then just do the checks against that address.

Yes - we had wondered about using rewrites to turn glasgow.ac.uk
into gla.ac.uk - early - in order to simplify the ACLs.

This would clearly need to happen before the ACLs run, so a "normal"
rewrite is no good.

We wondered about using SMTP-time rewrites, but this seems to be
inappropriate, since they're meant for fixing syntactically invalid
addresses.

Chris

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service