Re: [Exim] Mysql virtual domains and vacation

Author: Michael Dominok
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mysql virtual domains and vacation
Good Morning All,

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 15:09, Chris Russell wrote:
> Good Afternoon All,
>
> Having successfully implemented a exim/qpopper/mysql virtual user setup, my
> client has decided to throw in Out of Office (vacation/whatever) as a nice
> after the horse has bolted requirement.

Well, welcome to the club. Looks like customers are alike everywhere.
8-/

> Now, the way I figure that I can do is to write a perl script which Exim
> will pass the email too in the form of a transport. That's all well and good
> however I was wondering if there was an easier way to do things ?

I did it by creating a file (is-away) in which the customer's
"mail-admin" can enter the email-addresses (rather just the local parts)
which is checked with a router:

vacation_autoreply:
        debug_print = "R: vacation_autoreply for $local_part@$domain"
        driver = accept
        local_parts = /var/mail/vacation/is-away
        senders = ! /var/mail/vacation/no-autoreply-to
        transport = vacation_autoreply
        # don't stop routing (do deliver mail to recipient)
        unseen

HTH

Michael

--
Michael Dominok        Tel.: +49 231 61048 - 42
natural computing GmbH    Fax.: +49 231 61048 - 40