Re: [Exim] how to restart deliveries immediately

Author: Jeff Green
To: Marten Lehmann, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] how to restart deliveries immediately
At 02:36 PM 2/25/04, Marten Lehmann wrote:
>Hello,
>
>if a mail can't be delivered at the first try, it's deferred for some
>time according to the settings in the config-file. But how can I force
>exim to restart the deliveries again immediately?

The fine manual provides many queue manipulation options:

5.1 Setting options by program name
If Exim is called under the name "runq" it behaves as if the option -q were
present before any other options, for compatibility with Smail. The -q option
causes a single queue runner process to be started.

5.3 Command line options

The command options are described in alphabetical order below.
        If one "f" flag is present, a delivery attempt is forced for each non-
        frozen message, whereas without "f" only those non-frozen addresses
        that have passed their retry times are tried.

-q[q][i]ff...
        If "ff" is present, a delivery attempt is forced for every message,
        whether frozen or not.

Best regards,

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http//jbgreen.com       Networking Las Vegas Since 1986