Re: [Exim] Translation issues in email from this list

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Translation issues in email from this list
On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 15:20 +0000, Tim Jackson wrote:
> Sounds like quoted-printable encoding (check the MIME headers for the part
> in question). It's widely used, and almost certainly not erroneous. As you
> say, it should only be a problem if you look at the raw source of the mail
> as opposed to using a mail client.

The list does mime-stripping. I think it's broken. Often it sends mail
which claims to be QP but is just bizarre. I've seen this, for example:

    content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable
    x-plaintext: Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative
    content-type: text/plain

     <...>

     <...>

    dnslookup:
      driver =3Dnslookup
      domains =3D +local_domains
      transport =3Demote_smtp
      ignore_target_hosts =3D.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
      no_more

TBH I think it would be better just to reject text/html and
multipart/alternative destined for the lists at SMTP time.

--
dwmw2