Re: [Exim] SMTP compatibility issue

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Simon Lai
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP compatibility issue
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Simon Lai wrote:

> When exim calls our server, the conversation goes like this -
>
> 220 java.z1 Borg SMTP 1.0 - you will be assimilated
> EHLO exim-colo-01.whoc.theplanet.co.uk
> 250-HELP
> 250-STARTTLS
> 250-AUTH=LOGIN
> 250 AUTH LOGIN

The first line of the response to EHLO should be a "greeting", not an
option announcement. Here's the syntax from RFC 2822:

      ehlo-ok-rsp  =    ( "250"    domain [ SP ehlo-greet ] CRLF )
                   / (    "250-"   domain [ SP ehlo-greet ] CRLF
                       *( "250-"   ehlo-line                CRLF )
                          "250"    SP ehlo-line             CRLF  )

> STARTTLS
> 220 Ready to start TLS
> /*TLS session starts*/
> 220 java.z1 Borg SMTP 1.0 - you will be assimilated
> EHLO exim-colo-01.whoc.theplanet.co.uk
> 250-HELP
> 250-STARTTLS
> 250-AUTH=LOGIN
> 250 AUTH LOGIN
> MAIL FROM:<exim-users-admin@???>
> RCPT TO:<7j36hwgb@???>

Something wrong there. There should be a response after MAIL FROM, since
you have not advertised PIPELINING.