Re: [Exim] bug with warn?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] bug with warn?
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> I have run in debug mode the test I described at the start of this
> thread, the warn statements are run, but there is no log output the
> second time around as in the following:

This is a bad interaction with the original planning and the later
addition and usage of "warn". And I think there is also a bug. Because a
message may have many RCPTs, identical log_message lines are suppressed
so that you don't get repetitions such as "host X is in a black list"
many times. However, I think it's a bug that the cache of logged lines
is not being reset for new messages. I will investigate this in due
course.

> The solution is to use logwrite instead.

Yes, that's a good workaround.

> Now, to the problems with the spec file. Please forgive me if I might
> have wrongly intepreted some of the specs, I am clearly just
> reporting sections that are perhaps unclear, perhaps wrong. Also this
> is longinsh and perhaps badly expressed sometimes. Sorry for that.

Thanks for the comments. I will try to improve the relevant wording when
I next update the manual. The addition of things like "set" has changed
the ACL processing, and made the documentation unclear, I agree.

(But I think you have figured out what happens, so I won't spend time on
it here.)