Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] check_spool_inodes / reiserfs / Linux 2.6 bug
On 2004-02-24 Mark Bergsma <mark@???> wrote:
> During the past few days, we have upgraded several exim mailservers to
> the new Linux 2.6 kernel. Afterwards, we noticed these servers stopped
> accepting mail, stating in the logs that there were no free inodes left
> in the spool directory.

> Some investigation showed that, due to check_spool_inodes being set in
> the configuration file, Exim does a statfs() on the spool directory and
> finds that there are no inodes left. The mail servers showing this
> behaviour are all using reiserfs. It appears that reiserfs in linux 2.6
> always returns value 0 for the f_ffree, which makes Exim think that
> there are no free inodes:

[...]

I can confirm the kernel-side. With Linux 2.4 both f_ffree and f_files
are reported as -1 for reiserfs, while they are reported as 0 on Linux
2.6. (I have checked with filesystems in reiserfs-3.5 and
reiserfs-3.6.) It might be interesting to know what other tree-based
filesystems (XFS, JFS) return.

How about taking f_files>0 into account?
            cu andreas