Re: [Exim] Recipients verification on a relay server

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Recipients verification on a relay server
On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 09:00:04AM +0300, tdn@??? said:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a server which is an incoming relay for a couple of domains, and
> would like to verify recipients of one of the domains against a flat
> file of valid recipients before accepting the mails. How would I go
> about this?

This is what I do - it's not perfect, but it works for me:
relay_domain_user:
driver = remote_smtp
domains = +relay_to_domains
transport = remote_smtp
require_files = CONFDIR/relay-domains/$domain/$domain.users
local_parts = lsearch;CONFDIR/relay-domains/$domain/$domain.users
local_part_suffix = +*
local_part_suffix_optional

And then I have a directory, etc/exim4/relay-domains, where I plunk in a
new directory, say foo.com. If I want to check local_part, I add the
file foo.com/foo.com.users . If I want to check manual_route info (set
up in another transport), I plunk in a foo.com/foo.com.route, and so on
for aliases, and whatever else comes to mind. Probably converting the
whole mess to .dbs one of these days would make it work quicker, but
since it's only a handful of domains right now, it's not a big deal.
|  Stephen Gran                  | "Let us condemn to hellfire all those   |
|  steve@???             | who disagree with us." -- militant      |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | religionists everywhere                 |