Re: [Exim] Exim Wish List

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim Wish List
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Here's a few items I'd like to see added/changed in the next version of
> Exim.

> lookup dnsdb
> ---------------
>
> Should also include the ability to look up soa records.

Already WishListed (223).

> Should have a switch or option that if the lookup fails - that it return
> an empty string or something settable like "NONE".

All lookups already have that facility.

> Would like the ability to write/change headers from filters other than
> the system filter.

Already WishListed ("Things that didn't make it into Exim 4").

> Would like to have a header replace command so I don't have to do a
> delete and add.

Already WishListed (#41 in "Retained from the Exim 3 list".)

Following a discussion not too long ago on this list, I intend to do
some thinking/planning/re-implementing on all the header
adding/deleting/rewriting issues. However, I do not know when this will
be.