Re: [Exim] callout suggestion

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tabor J. Wells
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] callout suggestion
On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 05:00:33PM +0000,
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> is thought to have said:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>
> > One wrinkle is that recipient callouts that use the originating sender
> > can only be cached as a sender/recipient pair, so there may be rather
> > more callouts than you expect.
>
> I will look at these issues, but probably not in the immediate future.
>
> It occurs to me that, back in 1982, VRFY was invented... I wonder if
> recipient callouts should be using VRFY? Hmm...

I haven't seen a site have VRFY enabled on their MTA in any meaningful way
in the better part of 10 years. They usually either have it disabled across
the board or have it return success for any address.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality