Re: [Exim] callout suggestion

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Giuliano Gavazzi
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: David Woodhouse, Chris Edwards
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] callout suggestion
At 3:13 pm +0000 2004/02/23, David Woodhouse wrote:
[...]
>That's why my backup MX started rejecting mail destined for my lists --
>the primary rejected the callout because of the empty reverse-path and
>hence the backup MX then rejected the mail.
>
>I've jumped through hoops to avoid having the backups do recipient
>verification for those addresses, and I dislike it immensely -- it
>currently involves having a duplicate list of mailing list addresses,
>distributed across the cluster.

[...]

maybe I am missing something, but <> senders should be treated as a
particular case anyway, and I do not see why not add, amongst the
special cases, <> senders coming from the secondary MX for the local
domains. In this case the attempt should be successful for all valid
recipients (including those who never send out).

Giuliano