Re: [Exim] callout suggestion

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] callout suggestion
On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 14:35 +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???> wrote:
> >
> >If we just allow _recipient_ verification callouts to specify the MAIL
> >FROM address used, and cache appropriately, that should be fine.
>
> Hmm, what's "appropriate"? Cache an address's validity based on empty
> return path vs. full return path, or with the cache containing the actual
> return path that was used?

If we allow the admin to specify the return-path to be used, then we
_cache_ the actual return-path used.

If the admin wants to improve the rate of cache hits, let them specify
postmaster@$primary_hostname as the return-path of the callout. If they
_really_ want to try the actual return-path of the mail they're testing,
then that's what needs to go into the cache.

--
dwmw2