Re: [Exim] Virus | Spam tagging

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
To: SH Solutions, Exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Virus | Spam tagging
SH Solutions wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using exim4 for some time on debian sarge now and I works fine.
> My configuration is totally virtual, no linux users ever involved.

I'm running a purely virtual system on debian.

> Detected spam should get [SPAM] added to the subject.

My configuratino tags it as [SPAM x.x] so that the receiver can
immediately see the score.

> Detected viruses should get [VIRUS] added to the subject.
> For the beginning I do NOT want to deny, reject or delete any mail.

I reject viruses at SMTP, but it wouldn't be hard to change this to tagging.

> I read a lot about clamav, which I have installed, but I also read, that it
> could fail multiple times a day. In that case, exim would fail also. This is
> inacceptable.

I'm running ClamAV and have not had it fail a single time. The server
has been running nonstop for 98 days.

> I also read a lot about spamasassin, do I have to risk the same here?

None that I have heard about.

> I would prefer exiscan or pipelineing if possible.

I'm running both CalmAV and SpamAssassin via Exiscan ACL. With this
configuration, spam and virus settings are global, so no user level
settings are possible.

--
Rossz