Re: [Exim] Checking DNSBL's based on Received: headers

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tim Jackson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Checking DNSBL's based on Received: headers
Hi Avleen, on Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:06:08 -0800 you wrote:

> A common problem people using secondary MX servers, is that they are
> sometimes out of the control of the owner of the primary MX.

Mm. A poor situation to be in these days, though, at least from the POV of
spam protection :(

> We know spammers frequently send directly to the secondart MX to bypass
> ACL checks on the primary in a number of ways.

> What I want to know, is if it's possible for me to scan an incoming
> message (probably in the data ACL?) for an IP address and then apply a
> dnslists acl to it??

I don't think so, at least not directly in Exim, but you can do it with
SpamAssassin. In fact, SpamAssassin includes checks by default to check
Received headers against a variety of DNSBL's. However, be cautious: there
was a thread on here not so long ago discussing this issue and the
problems with it.

Tim