Re: [Exim] RFC: Fighting Spam due to forgeries of outblaze …

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Fred Viles
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RFC: Fighting Spam due to forgeries of outblaze domains
On 21 Feb 2004 at 0:54, Andrew - Supernews wrote about
    "Re: [Exim] RFC:  Fighting Spam due ":

| Edgar> That was my point with the helo/ehlo = verified, I know that
| Edgar> you did not did not mention anything about helo/ehlo, but when
| Edgar> exim does a PTR lookup it just returns what is found to
| Edgar> $sender_host_name.

| This is not true. When exim sets $sender_host_name, it _always_
| verifies that the name it sets there also forward-resolves to the
| incoming connection IP.

Good to know. As of 4.22, that behavior is apparently documented
only in the description of $host_lookup. It would be more "visible"
if it were mentioned in the description of $sender_host_name itself.
It also should probably be mentioned, at least by reference, in
section 10.11.

| Ditto for any aliases.

What does that mean? That if there are multiple PTR records all the
corresponding A records are checked?

- Fred