Re: [Exim] RFC: Fighting Spam due to forgeries of outblaze …

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Andrew - Supernews
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] RFC: Fighting Spam due to forgeries of outblaze domains

Edgar> That was my point with the helo/ehlo = verified, I know that
Edgar> you did not did not mention anything about helo/ehlo, but when
Edgar> exim does a PTR lookup it just returns what is found to
Edgar> $sender_host_name.

This is not true. When exim sets $sender_host_name, it _always_
verifies that the name it sets there also forward-resolves to the
incoming connection IP. Ditto for any aliases.

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com