Re: [Exim] ClamAV running not as Exim user

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Chris Meadors
Para: Exim
Assunto: Re: [Exim] ClamAV running not as Exim user
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 18:02, Mark Foster wrote:

> Chris - you could try this.
> chmod g+ws /path/to/scandir

That wouldn't help. Setting the group write-sticky bit would have
allowed the user clamav to write files into the scan directory, but it
still couldn't read new files written by the exim user.

I don't know why I didn't think of it before (dinner helped). I just
made the clamav user a member of the exim group. Duh. Sure now clamav
can read all the files in the spool directory and the logs, by default.
But I'll back the group read permissions off of those directories, if I
don't find any need for it.

I'll try to keep these conversations contained in my head next time. :)

Thanks.

--
Chris