Re: [Exim] ClamAV running not as Exim user

Autor: Chris Meadors
A: Exim
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] ClamAV running not as Exim user
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 17:23, Chris Meadors wrote:
> But I still get errors about ClamAV not being able to read the file in
> the scan directory. I have a feeling the file is being created with a
> umask of 0077.
>
> Is there anyway to set the umask for the files to be placed in the
> exim/scan directory? That is and not effect the mask for the the other
> spool directories.
>
> The only umask option I see for Exim/exiscan is for the pipe transport.
> I don't mind patching source if someone can point me in the right
> direction.

I know, bad form, sign of dementia and all, replying to myself.

I just realized that the umask is more than likely 0027, which would be
okay. But Exim is probably writing the files with its default group,
which is also exim in my case. So, the feature/source hack I'm looking
for is to have Exim write the files to the exim/scan directory with the
group, daemon, and obviously still the umask of 0027 that I was looking
for initially.

Thanks again.

--
Chris