Re: [Exim] Debian/Exim/MySQL

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Walt Reed
Para: Alex Flores
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Debian/Exim/MySQL
On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 03:32:08PM -0800, Alex Flores said:
> How do I know where my local libraries are located? Or my include path?

It depends on where and how you installed mysql.

The "locate mysql" command can help. If you have installed
anything recently, you may have to run updatedb. If you installed mysql
as a debian package, make sure you have installed the development
libaries (Debian sid has them separate in libmysqlclient-dev)

In MY debian install, the include files ar in /usr/include/mysql and the
libraries are in the system location, so you don't need to add any
additional library paths.

I played with the backports a bit a year ago when I was still running
debian stable (woody), but I have found stable just way too out of date.
I believe sarge has exim4 as an option. Sid definately does.

Basic unix and compiling help is getting a little off topic for the exim
list. I had assumed that you had experience in compiling programs and
good level of knowledge of unix in general since you are running on a
fairly rare platform (linux on Sparc.) If this isn't the case I wouldn't
have suggested that you do your own builds - You may want to see if
binary backports are available for sparc from someone on the
debian-sparc mailing list, or maybe someone here.