Re: [Exim] rejected EHLO from localhost [127.0.0.1]: syntact…

Góra strony
Autor: Brian Dessent
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] rejected EHLO from localhost [127.0.0.1]: syntactically invalid argument(s): (no argument given)
prince wrote:

> I have asked the Application developer to take a look at it and send the
> program to me. Though he will go through the program, his argument is, this
> was working without any issue on qmail.

That's quite a specious argument. "Qmail does not complain when the
client fails to follow the standard, while exim does; therefore exim is
broken."

Tell your developer to read section 4.1.1.1 of RFC2821 --

server. The argument field contains the fully-qualified domain name
of the SMTP client if one is available. In situations in which the
SMTP client system does not have a meaningful domain name (e.g., when
its address is dynamically allocated and no reverse mapping record is
available), the client SHOULD send an address literal (see section
4.1.3), optionally followed by information that will help to identify
the client system.

From your logs ("syntactically invalid argument(s): (no argument
given)") your Java program is sending nothing after HELO, which violates
the above.

Brian