Re: [Exim] error for smtp transport

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] error for smtp transport
Patrick O'Neal <patrick@???> wrote:
> When trying to start exim up from inet.d on my Linux system kernel
> 2.24.xx, I receive the following error does anyone have a guess as to
> where I can start?
>
> 2004-02-05 16:35:05 1Aos5Q-0002h9-FX == user@???
> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-1): TCP port "smtp" is not defined
> for remote_smtp transport

Something bad has happened to your /etc/services file I think. That's where
the mapping of the service name 'smtp' to TCP port 25 is usually found -
unless your system implements getservbyname() in a different way.

You could patch round this with a

port = 25

option in your remote_smtp transport. But I suspect there might be more
trouble afoot for you if you don't work out why Exim can't resolve the
service name....

Peter