Re: [Exim] Re: just tag spam with spamassassin

Góra strony
Autor: Chris Meadors
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Re: just tag spam with spamassassin
On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 15:23, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:

> WOW! Thanks! This is what I had been looking for till now. But could you
> elaborate a bit more on the downside that you mentioned? What kind of
> filtering are you talking about?

It should be just right for what you asked. My problem has become that
most people don't want the tagged messages, they just want them
deleted. So I've been looking for a way to still have the individual
SpamAssassin settings but have mail delivered into a Junk folder for the
individuals who want it (then have the Junk folder swept every so
often).

As I said, because spamc gets run right before the message is written to
disk there is no place for Exim to look at the headers SpamAssassin
adds. But this should be fine for you, if all you want is tagging.

I'm testing a config now that has procmail doing the local delivery.
SpamAssassin is still run as the transport_filter adding its headers.
But now procmail can be called upon to work its magic with those headers
sorting the mail into separate folders if the user wants.

--
Chris