Re: [Exim] mailscanner on exim4 Debian woody

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Brian Dessent
CC: EximUser List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] mailscanner on exim4 Debian woody
Greg Folkert wrote:

> Thereby screwing up your deps. There is no reason to compile Exim 4.30
> on a debian machine.
>
> Sid and backports.org do wonderful. You can choose to install exim4 with
> one BIG file or a multitude of smaller ones. Exim4-Daemon-Light has just
> the basics included. The Exim4-Daemon-Heavy has at least exiscan plus
> some other additions...
>
> Very much more maintainable and very much less time to keep it current.

I use exim4-daemon-heavy with sarge and love it -- my hat's off to all
involved.

However, was wonderdering if anyone knew anything about a 'light'
package that includes exiscan-acl. I'm running under a VDS with a small
amount of RAM, and I don't need SQL, LDAP, or really any of the features
of 'heavy' except exiscan-acl. I think I read somewhere that the
maintainer was considering including this in -light. Yes, I know I
could do this from source, but the whole point of using a system like
debian is that it's completely hands off and self-maintaining, and I'd
rather not break that.

Brian