Re: [Exim] Exim4 and whoson - how to implement?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ruth Ivimey-Cook
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: godspell
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Exim4 and whoson - how to implement?
On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:03:12AM +1100, godspell@??? wrote:
> I've just upgraded my mail server to version 4 of Exim, and a lot has
> changed. Notably, I'm running Debian Linux 3 and install using dpkg did
> not create a 'configure.default' file. So, I've found one and put it
> in /etc/exim4/configure.default (hoping this is the correct thing to do.)

As far as I am aware there is no need for a configure.default; you need
a configure file that is the current configuration, and that's it. So
unless configure.default is also your active configuration, or you simply
wish to have a reference config easily available, you can delete it.

> I've got it working fine for the local subnet, and no relaying from outside.
>
> What I'm wanting to do is to use POP before SMTP with the whoson
> protocol. I've installed whoson and put the value as suggested on
> the exim site
>
>    require condition = \
>      ${lookup whoson {$sender_host_address}{yes}{no}}

> into the ACL listed in the configure.default file, but this doesn't seem to be giving much joy.

Possibly because your exim was compiled to use /etc/exim/configure, or
some other name, as it's configuration file? Just a guess! Try invoking
exim with a specific configuration file.

> Is there any straightforward documentation or can anyone actually
> suggest the way to implement this in a simple way?

Look in spec.txt in the sources/doc directory, get the excellent Exim 4
book (by Philip Hazel) or look on the exim.org website for the indexed html
or PDF documentation.

Regards,

Ruth