[Exim] Exim4 and whoson - how to implement?

Góra strony
Autor: godspell
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Exim4 and whoson - how to implement?
Hi,

I've just upgraded my mail server to version 4 of Exim, and a lot has changed. Notably, I'm running Debian Linux 3 and install using dpkg did not create a 'configure.default' file. So, I've found one and put it in /etc/exim4/configure.default (hoping this is the correct thing to do.)

I've got it working fine for the local subnet, and no relaying from outside.

What I'm wanting to do is to use POP before SMTP with the whoson protocol. I've installed whoson and put the value as suggested on the exim site

   require condition = \
     ${lookup whoson {$sender_host_address}{yes}{no}}

into the ACL listed in the configure.default file, but this doesn't seem to be giving much joy.

Is there any straightforward documentation or can anyone actually suggest the way to implement this in a simple way?

Thanks!

Laurie Barnes