Re: [Exim] mailscanner on exim4 Debian woody

Góra strony
Autor: Greg Folkert
Dla: EximUser List
Temat: Re: [Exim] mailscanner on exim4 Debian woody
--
On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 21:13, Rossz Vamos-Wentworth wrote:
> Mohammad Meskarian wrote:
>

> > Has any one install the Mailscanner with exim4 for debian.
> > As you know exim for Debian use different configuration file and
> > really this make me confuse for configuring mailscanner
> > On exim4.
>
> You would be better off building exim from the source instead of
> installing the deb package. That's the route I went.

Thereby screwing up your deps. There is no reason to compile Exim 4.30
on a debian machine.

Sid and backports.org do wonderful. You can choose to install exim4 with
one BIG file or a multitude of smaller ones. Exim4-Daemon-Light has just
the basics included. The Exim4-Daemon-Heavy has at least exiscan plus
some other additions...

Very much more maintainable and very much less time to keep it current.
--
greg, greg@???