Re: [Exim] Denying specific users use of SMTP

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Denying specific users use of SMTP
Hi Richard, on Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:35:05 +0000 you wrote:

> We have a group that all 'Mail Users' are a part of, on the main server.
> I could write a script to poll this group every so many minutes and pipe
> the resulting users to a text file (or poll the non-members) but need to
> know if there is a way to configure Exim to parse such a list and
> exclusively allow/deny use of it's services to specific users who
> actually exist on the local system?

Sure. Probably with Exim 3, but certainly with Exim 4. If you have a file
of "OK" users, you can just look up a given address from this file in a
router. The details would depend on how you're currently doing things
(i.e. do all the users map to "real" unix users? ) but it can be done. In
fact, it's more or less like the "virtual domain" examples mentioned in
the documentation. E.g. if you had all the valid users in
/etc/exim/valid_users, in the format "username: dest_username", an Exim 4
router could be:

valid_users:
driver = redirect
domains = your.school.domain
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases/valid_users}}
cannot_route_message = Unknown user
no_more

Tim