Re: [Exim] Forwarding unknown users to another host

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Bryce Newall
Para: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Forwarding unknown users to another host
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> Rather than do this why not just lookup the addresses in Exchange via LDAP
> lookups against Active Directory after handling the local accounts and
> virtual domains?

I'm not familiar with how LDAP works, so I would never have thought of
that. Sounds like a great idea! I do have a couple of questions from
looking at your routers config, though:

> exchangeProxyAddressesLookup:
> driver = redirect
> data = ${lookup ldap {ldap:///CN=Users,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=com?mail?sub?(proxyAddresses=SMTP:${quote_ldap:$local_part}@${quote_ldap:$domain})}}

What are the CN and DC values supposed to be? Is CN the organizational
unit under which my users exist in Active Directory? And is DC the name
of my Active Directory domain? Mine ends in .local, so would it be
"DC=<my AD domain>,DC=local"?

> domains = dbm;/etc/exim/db/localdomains.db

This has nothing to do with local_domains earlier in the Exim configure
file, right? Just has to do with Exchange?

> verify_recipient
> self = pass
> pass_router = exchangeRoute
> no_more
>
> exchangeRoute:
> driver = manualroute
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_data = ${lookup{$domain}dbm{/etc/exim/db/localdomains.db}}
>
> where localdomains.db contains key/value pairs for the domain/ip address of
> the exchange server it is routed to.

I'm not following that last part. Could you give me an example of the
contents of that file?

> This also has the benefit of allowing me to reject bad addresses at SMTP

That would be a good thing, definitely.

> time rather than let exchange accept it and then try and relay a bounce
> message back through the exim servers.

Hmmm... my Exchange server is actually set up to deliver mail directly,
rather than relaying it back through the FreeBSD box. Is there an
advantage to configuring Exchange to use the FreeBSD box as a Smart Host
and relay mail through it?

Thanks for your help!

*    Bryce Newall    *    Email: data@???    *
*               www.dreamhaven.org/~data                *
*  "Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes."  *