RE: [Exim] callout suggestion

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Eli
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: 'Ian Toogood', 'Exim-users'
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] callout suggestion
Ian Toogood wrote:
> I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem with
> MX's that reject MAIL FROM: <> being blocked
>
> Was there anything resolved regarding this issue - the callout
> verification stops a LOT of spam, and I am unwilling to turn it off
>
> Maintaining a whitelist is time consuming and not practical - our
> users are getting very upset when legit mail is stopped because of
> this

Just to drop my 2 cents worth (I'm not really following this thread), if the
real problem is that you can't do a callout verification on a null sender
because so many servers seem to be rejecting it, could you not just do
something like this in your acls:

        deny      message = sender verification failed - sucks to be you.
                  !sender = :
                  !verify = sender/callout

Or whatever it is - the idea being that you're not going to do a
verification check on a null sender - it will be accepted. This is
hopefully what the problem is (incoming bounce message with null sender -
and you're doing a callout verification on it)? If so, I'd assume this
would solve the problems since you should technically always accept a null
sender even if the server sending it doesn't want to.

Or I could be entirely off base with what this thread is about - in which
case ignore me :)

Eli.