RE: [Exim] Maildirsize files: opinions sought

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Eli
Para: 'Exim-users'
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Maildirsize files: opinions sought
Michael Haardt wrote:
>> Actually, I'm leaning towards a regex that specifies which
>> directories to include, something like
>>
>> maildir_quota_directory_regex = ^(?:cur|tmp|\..*)$
>>
>> or, if you want to exclude .Trash
>>
>> maildir_quota_directory_regex = ^(?:cur|tmp|\.(?!Trash).*)$
>>
>> The scanning function will be much more knowledgeable about maildirs
>> (formerly, the function that is used for non-maildir directories was
>> used - it just counts absolutely everything).
>
> Personally, I like it to count everything. I assume the default
> of the option is an empty expression which means no regex processing
> is being done and everything is counted?

Count my vote for that as well. I'd actually think rather than a regex only
variable, could it not be as was initially mentioned, an expanded string
variable that can contain regexes, but could just be other variables or
normal strings?

This would allow people to fetch stuff from db's or whatever so that if it
was allowed to have certain directories (configurable based on whatever
dynamic criteria) not counted towards quota it could be done quite simply.
It would also mean if you don't want to count trash, you could just simply
put "Trash" (or would it be ".Trash") as an item in the list rather than
having to make it a regular expression. Adding some flexibility to this now
might take a bit longer, but would probably save you from wishlist items
down the road :)

Eli.