RE: [Exim] Maildirsize files: opinions sought

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-users
Temat: RE: [Exim] Maildirsize files: opinions sought
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Michael Haardt wrote:

> Personally, I like it to count everything. I assume the default
> of the option is an empty expression which means no regex processing
> is being done and everything is counted?

No.

1. The default will be ^(?:new|cur|\..*)$ which skips the tmp
directory.

2. The code does not count other files that happen to be in a
maildir directory or subdirectory, for example, the "maildirsize"
file in the top directory, or any "mailfolder" files that are in
maildir folder subdirectories.

In other words, the code has some knowledge of what a maildir++
directory is supposed to look like, and what it is trying to do is to
compute the size and number of the messages therein.