RE: [Exim] How to deal with 10 fold increase in mail traffic

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dennis Skinner
Para: Sujit Choudhury
CC: Alex Lomas, exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] How to deal with 10 fold increase in mail traffic
On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 09:34, Sujit Choudhury wrote:
> Alex,
> The problem is our MTA is a gateway. It handles the traffic for
> m25lib.ac.uk, psi.org.uk etc. It does not have local users. Depending
> on various rewrite rules, it just passes the mail to some other (less
> powerful) host.
>
> So the ACL you have suggested will not work easily.

The best thing to do would be to get exim access to your userlist.

Barring that, you should tune SA so it catches these spam messages
instead of passing them to the smaller mailservers. Are you using razor
and/or DCC?

You also should probably look into RBL's. Our servers deliver about
140k mails per day. Spamhaus' SBL blocks another 50-60k msgs before
delivery. ORDB, catches another 3-5k.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator