RE: [Exim] How to deal with 10 fold increase in mail traffic

Góra strony
Autor: Alex Lomas
Dla: exim-users
Temat: RE: [Exim] How to deal with 10 fold increase in mail traffic
>The problem is our MTA is a gateway. It handles the traffic for
m25lib.ac.uk, psi.org.uk
>etc. It does not have local users. Depending on various rewrite rules, it

just passes the
>mail to some other (less powerful) host.

Er... This probably isn't the only way of doing it, but my 2ps worth anyway.
We run a very large cluster of exim mail relays - there are load balancers
so it appears as if there's just the one. Each mail relay is actually told
about all valid email addresses so you can actually do address verification.
In our case all the relays/exchange servers communicate via X500 to hold an
up to date list of valid addresses & aliases.

Sorry if this isn't a nice easy solution for you!

I guess the alternative is to see if there's any particular pattern to the
incoming bounces (i.e. similar body or something) and pattern match on those
and filter away to a separate mailbox just in case something gets
accidentally caught you need to retrieve.

--Alex