Re: [Exim] How to deal with 10 fold increase in mail traffic

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Kevin Reed
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] How to deal with 10 fold increase in mail traffic
Sujit Choudhury said:
> We are noticing the following in the last 5 days:
> 1. Spammers sending e-mails from various addresses to various addresses
> with the sender's address as XYZ@???. XYZ is a random
> string.
> 2. The bounce messages from those addresses come to us, which then goes
> through the virus checker and spamassassin (we are using exiscan with
> exim). Finally, our MTA can not deliver the mails, and tries to bounce
> the mail.

Why are you accepting mail for your systems for users that are not valid?

If you check for valid users before doing any spam and virus checking, you
will save your mail server a lot of processing time.

Also, there are a number of checks you can do long before looking for
viruses to reduce the amount of processing your mail server needs to do.

Spam checking should only be done at the very end of the DATA check
segment for mail that is already determined to be valid for your users.

Bounces are Evil...

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums