Re: [Exim] Question regarding src/transports/appendfile.c

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Michael Haardt
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Question regarding src/transports/appendfile.c
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Michael Haardt wrote:

> please help me understanding src/transports/appendfile.c:780:
>
>       int size;
>       int n = ovector[3] - ovector[2];
>       Ustrncpy(buffer, name + ovector[2], n);
>       buffer[n] = 0;
>       size = Uatoi(buffer);

> Why not simply:
>
>       int size;
>       size = Uatoi(name + ovector[2]);

> Much to my surprise, Exim does not use strtol(), but atoi(), which means
> it never checks for overflows or appended junk. The above example does
> in particular not check for the number ending at name+ovector[3].

Why not indeed? I cannot remember why I wrote what I did; it looks like
a moment of inattention. (Assuming that I wrote it rather than importing
a patch - I cannot remember.)

As I am working in that area for the maildirsize stuff, I'll improve
that bit of code while I am there. Thanks for the pointer.