RE: OT Re: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim

Autor: Rick Cooper
A: Walt Reed, Rick Cooper
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: OT Re: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim

You are right I have not used Mason and, hopefully, the final
point I was trying to make was clear. I use/have used languages
from Pick Basic to ASM and the one thing I have found is if you
are familiar with the language and are comfortable with the
syntax you can do more with a clearly lesser language than with a
powerful one. The limiting factor of most languages is the
programmer. I used perl when I thought I had too (before really
becoming familiar with PHP) and I *never* liked the syntax of the
language. I still use perl if I am doing something that needs to
be ported to systems I don't manage because the default compile
options used in most php distros are geared for web development
and many of the things needed for real OS work are not there.
With perl they may have to cpan a mod or two but with PHP doing
something as mundane as forking requires a recompile from source.
And of course PEAR is not even close to CPAN in terms of content
available so perl very most defiantly has it's place it's just
not my first choice in languages (it's defiantly a write-only
language for me)

> But this is now getting quite off topic...

I agree, I will shut up. It just fires me up some times when I
hear a person familiar with one language flame another because
they are clearly unfamiliar with it. I have been looking at ruby
recently and am amazed at some of the things that can do. Having
only heard of it a couple months ago my initial reaction was it
must be a toy language.. Oops! :-)

Rick