Re: [Exim] internal/external user filters

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] internal/external user filters
Hi Louis, on Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:02:46 +0200 you wrote:

> I am new to exim, and would like to have some of my users only use the
> mail internal and not be able to get external mail, and also have
> internet mail users on the same box. Can someone piont me in the right
> direction

You could use an "internal" domain (e.g. "internal.your.domain") which
only resolves within your organisation and not externally. This wouldn't
actually need any special configuration within Exim (you'd just need to
add "internal.your.domain" to local_domains or similar), although you
would probably want to make your ACLs block incoming mail from outside
destined for "internal.your.domain" anyway, and also stop anyone sending
out from the server with an envelope sender of "*@internal.your.domain".
Both these could be done with simple rules in the RCPT ACL.

Tim