RE: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Rick Cooper
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Καινούρια Θέματα: OT Re: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim

I tried to be quiet, but this simply isn't accurate. Non of the
web mail forms I write in PHP use sendmail, actually I probably
haven't used the mail() function for at least a year for anything
but simple text only stuff. $mail->send(array($To), 'smtp'); is
right out of my SystemMailer script. That line sends muti-part,
ecoded, you name it and the 'smtp' part should give a clue it's
not headed for sendmail. mail() is a simple, fast easy way to
handle sending simple text, there are classes that are for the
more complex things just as there are in perl. And programming
dynamic web pages in perl is cumbersome and slow compared to
php.. that is just a fact.

> > if you can't answer the question, then why are you posting?
>
> I did answer the question.
>

> > in this particular case, telling someone they're using the
> > wrong language is not answering the question (there are times
>
> I didn't say "wrong" I said *better*, way different.
>
> > when telling someone they're using the wrong language may be
> > a valid answer, but not when someone wants to use php to send
> > email. i just used php to send email out through exim
> > yesterday. to me it seems quite clear that it is possible to
> > answer this question without advising a language change while
> > making a gratuitous cheap shot in the process.)
>
> But its so easy to shoot at PHP because.. Sorry no
> more shooting :)

So, what is better about perl? Obviously your knowledge of PHP is
limited and thus perl must be better. So I guess if you know say,
Pascal, well and C just a bit then Pascal must be better? I once
had someone tell me you couldn't write a daemon in php, same
fella didn't know what --enable-pcntl meant. PHP, like perl, is
limited by the programmer more so than the language.