Re: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:05:50 -0700 Jason Gerfen <jason.gerfen@???> wrote:

> I have been looking around the web for some examples of how to use a PHP
> form to send emails using Exim installed on the localhost. I have tried
> adding the command line to send emails in the php.ini file but so far
> everything I have tried has not worked.

> If anyone knows of a good reference point or example of how to
> accomplish this please let me know right away. Thanks again.

1) we need to know what OS you are using. if it is OpenBSD, is
apache chrooted? this would normally prevent email from working
properly unless specific steps are taken.

2) normally, exim gets linked into place where sendmail sits, so
changing the command line in /etc/php.ini shouldn't be necessary.

3) you are invoking the standard php mail function properly, right/

this shouldn't be particularly hard to do, presuming that things
are set up in a quasi-normal fashion. i threw a quick-and-dirty
php demo together yesterday to support a quick-and-dirty
proposal, and getting php to send out notification email was the
easiest part of the whole thing.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???