RE: [Exim] [FPPA] [FFPA-Announce] Beta Testers wanted...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kevin Reed
Para: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] [FPPA] [FFPA-Announce] Beta Testers wanted...
Eli said:

> Also, in regards to Matthew Byng-Maddick was saying in his replies, would
> not integrating the magic file stuff that "file" uses save you a whole
> whack load of work?

I suspect that you will find that the magic file stuff varies greatly from
platform to platform and may not be consistent.

I know that I recently used file on a new RH Enterprise server the other
day and was suprised at the level of detail it had on the files it was
looking at. It actually knew not only that the file was a certain type,
but also what version of software created it.

I immediately did the same thing on an older RH box and a couple Solaris
boxes and got different results. Some of them just called it a data file
while the others only provided it was an XXX type of file.

I think this will be very platform dependent and unreliable to use.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums