RE: [Exim] [FPPA] [FFPA-Announce] Beta Testers wanted...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Eli
To: exim-users
CC: 'Sheen, Tony'
Betreff: RE: [Exim] [FPPA] [FFPA-Announce] Beta Testers wanted...
Sheen, Tony wrote:
> Configuring Exim
> ----------------
>
> Main configuration section:
>
> FFPA_LOGGING

Not to be picky, but are your configuration variables forcing us to use
uppercase? Will this not conflict with macro definitions in Exim - and if
not, it *will* at least confuse the reader of the config file.

> In this release, the following generic extensions are supported:
>
>    W_EXE - Windows/OS2 EXE files
>    W_DLL - Windows/OS2 DLL files
>    W_SYS - Windows/OS2 system files
>    M_WAV - WAV audio files

Same thing :P I know I would find this rather confusing looking at the
uppercase parts here and there (even though I would know that I don't have
such a macro defined). Besides, lowercase looks better :P

Also, in regards to Matthew Byng-Maddick was saying in his replies, would
not integrating the magic file stuff that "file" uses save you a whole whack
load of work? Plus, if users of fppa contributed detected file types that
were compatible with how "file" works, then not only would fppa gain from
this, but users of the file command could as well. Then again I have no
idea if this is possible or not at all - I've never dealt with magic file
stuffs (it would be neat to see this as a path for fppa in the future
though).

Eli.