Re: [Exim] About this list

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: kmb
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] About this list
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> [B]On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 14:25, Nigel Wade wrote:
> > Am I going mad? I can't find the page which allows this list to be
> searched.
> > Has it gone? I wanted to search on a topic but it's not really
> feasible to
> > trawl through several hundred individual weekly digests.
>
> Use google. Add a site:exim.org
> There was a search facility on the machine, but the machine has
> insufficient horsepower to maintain the indexes any more (its only a
> basic Pentium).
>
> > On an entirely unrelated issue, would it be possible to add a
> reply-to:
> > header to messages sent by this list pointing back to the list so
> the
> > default reply action is to the list rather than to the individual
> who posted
> > the message? It's the norm for most mailing lists so that answers
> end up in
> > the archive.
>
> Over my dead body.
> Real MUAs solve this problem without usurping headers intended for
> other
> purposes and breaking individual replies.

There is a fairly extensive Search utility on www.exim-users.org site.
Although it only has the past two months of Postings at the moment.
I'm currenty looking to see how I can "capture" the postings to the
list from before I started the web site.

If anyone has the Emails in some form that still contains the original
email header information, I might be able to massage them into the SQL
database and make the whole history searchable.

The postings are also kept in context by subject, with a new Thead for
each Subject, so it is some what easier to see the contex of a single
posting after locating it via the Search.

Kevin

--
kmb

Kevin Barrett
Administrator -- Exim-Users.org Portal And Forums
Exim-users email list to forum gateway
Come Join us at 'The Exim-Users Forums' (http://www.exim-users.org)

kmb's Profile: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1
View this thread: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=890