Re: [Exim] [FFPA-Announce] Beta Testers wanted...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Para: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] [FFPA-Announce] Beta Testers wanted...
On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 03:16:13PM -0000, Sheen, Tony wrote:
[ > I wrote: ]
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 02:51:40PM -0000, Sheen, Tony wrote:
>>> I have spent quite some time researching and developing an add-in to the
>>> excellent Exiscan-ACL that uses more than just the extension to identify a
>>> file type. The result of all this work is FFPA (File FingerPrint Analyser).
>> [...]
>> Out of interest, why are you reimplimenting the magic file and the file(1)
>> infrastructure, rather than tying that into Exim?

> It's not just another magic file / file(1) implementation.

Erm, well, as far as I can tell, you're looking for magic numbers in the
data. In what way is that different to what file(1) does, and the data
that the magic file contains.

> It is FULLY tied into Exim via Exiscan and runs as part of the Exiscan
> demiming process in the DATA ACL (I didn't want to reinvent that wheel
> either).

I realised that. Sorry. I didn't make myself clear. What I meant was to
ask why you hadn't done it by reading the magicfile to look up the magic
numbers, while still keeping it within exim. That way you wouldn't have
to have individual scanners for the file types.

MBM